Restoration and Additions
Lodge in Lancashire
This is a Grade II Listed farmhouse bearing the date 1728. New owners commissioned a thorough renovation and the extension of the house to north and south with symmetrical single storey wings containing a drawing room and a new kitchen. But the most dramatic change was the re-rendering of the walls in a lime-based rough cast known locally as “slobber”.
The project won a commendation in the Georgian Group Architectural Awards 2006.
The garden has been ornamented with a new pyramid-roofed summerhouse with windows containing salvaged cast iron casements.